Monday 26 September 2011

USM Graduate at 74 years old

A 1981 retired army, warrant officer 1, Yunos Abdul Hamid 74-year-old proved that age is not a barrier for him to graduate from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). Picture from nst.com.my.

Grandfather of five grandchildren has underwent a three-year studies and now received a degree in Humanities along with 588 other students.

"I am pleased and proud for the support of my family members who made ​​me continue to study," said Abdul Hamid, as quoted from Bernama, Saturday (24/09/2011).

Father of two children aged 42 and 37 this year revealed that the most difficult task during the course is to master the Malay language and English language because both languages ​​are a language of instruction used in the classroom.

"I'm not too familiar with the today's Malay language style and have no knowledge of English," said Abdul Hamid, who hopes to continue his education to a Master's degree.

Meanwhile, Human Resources Manager of Penang Port, Abdul Kadim Abdul Banit also received a degree in Community Science from the same university at the age of 56 years old.

He said, will continue his studies into the levels of S-2 and S-3 before age 60 years. "I want to share this joy with my family because I have to take the time to work, study and my family for four years," he said.

Make this story as a motivation to learn. Regardless of how old you are, keep learning to improve yourself.

2 comments: