Monday 8 August 2011

Ramadan 2011

This year 1 Ramadhan 1432H fall on 1 August 2011. The first day of the Muslims began fasting in Malaysia. We all expected to fast for 29 days and will be celebrating Hari Raya Aidil-Fitr on 1 Syawal 1432H on 30 August 2011 a day before Malaysia's Independence Day as well.

Ramadan Bazaar which sells food for break fast have been opened everywhere gloriously. But be careful when buying food here because the food sold there sometimes is not fresh anymore.

For example, as happened to some of my friends. My friend Diana, who lives in Cheras has bought nasi tomato on the second day of fasting, when she ate the rice, it taste good, but when she tasted the ayam masak merah, it was stale and taste bad. She didn't eat rice for break fast on that day.

Another friend Liana, who live in Gombak has bought ikan pekasam (preserved fish)
for sahur . When frying the fish, it shattered, to a soft kind of raw fish. She can not eat the fish for sahur on that day.

A similar incident happened to me. I bought beef soup from bazaar Ramadan near my house in Taman Cahaya. Back home when I want to eat it during break fast I found it was smelly and taste bad.

Another incident, I bought a Ikan Percik from Pandan Jaya Ramadan Bazaar just to get food poisoning, diarrhea and vomiting, two weeks I cannot go to work. This occurred in 2009.

Be careful when buying food at the Ramadan bazaar.

2 comments:

  1. Salam Syasya, Salam Ramadhan & selamat menjalani ibadah puasa
    Saya sendiri allergi gak bazaar ramadhan, saya pilih untuk makan masak sendiri di rumah, simple pun tak per, yang penting terjamin tahap kebersihannya

    ReplyDelete